Dear Symphony Patrons:
Florida’s Governor, Ron DeSantis, issued an order prohibiting the gathering of large groups in the State of Florida in an effort to reduce the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19.) In keeping with our focus on the wellbeing of our audience members, musicians, donors, volunteers, and staff, SOTA is announcing that all concerts, and Society events are suspended until further notice.
Dates for Symphony of the Americas Suspended Schedule:
- Evening in Paris, March 21, 2020
- Concert VI, April 7, 2020
- Merci Maestro Gala, April 18, 2020
As you would expect, these scheduling changes will have a financial impact on the organization. Throughout our 32-year history, we have had the ability to navigate challenges because of the strength of our volunteer leadership and the generosity of our patrons.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT YOUR TICKETS OR EVENT RESERVATIONS:
- Concert tickets for suspended performances will be carried over to the rescheduled performance (date TBD.)
- Symphony of the Americas Society events are on track to be rescheduled. Donations and tickets will be applied to the event(s) you supported (dates TBD.)
- Consider a tax-deductible contribution. You can make a tax-deductible donation of the value of your concert ticket to demonstrate your support of SOTA. You will receive a letter for your 2020 taxes along with our sincere appreciation.
*Note: If you wish to donate your tickets, you do not need to call and SOTA sincerely thanks you for your donation. A tax donation receipt will be mailed automatically.
- Contact Ticketmaster directly if you purchased tickets through their platform. Please log in to your Ticketmaster account to ensure your contact info is up to date and includes your current email, mail address and the best phone number to reach you.
- Any other questions about suspended concerts and events, email us at info@SOTA.org or call the office (954) 335-7002 (M-F 10-5.)
We will continue to monitor the situation and maintain contact with the appropriate officials and health experts. On behalf of the Symphony of the Americas Board of Directors and staff, we thank you for your patience and understanding during this unprecedented time. Please remain healthy and safe.
Robert M. Roselli
President – Symphony of the Americas Board of Directors